STOP DEVASTATING CUTS TO DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY SERVICES
In his latest State Budget proposal, Governor Gavin Newsom slashed more than $500 million in funding for services that support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. For two decades, the State of California has chronically underfunded the developmental disability system. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, a Rate Study conducted by the State identified a funding gap of over $1.4 billion for disability programs. The current public health crisis only made this problem worse, significantly increasing the cost of safely delivering services to those with developmental disabilities. The impact of the Governor’s proposed additional funding cuts would be catastrophic to the entire developmental disability community.
We are counting on all Senators and Assembly Members to reject any budget plan that would harm services to people with developmental disabilities, including the $500 million in proposed cuts by the Governor.
We need your help BEFORE JUNE 10 to #SaveDisabilityServices.
USE THE FORM BELOW TO EMAIL, TWEET AND CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS IN ONE CLICK URGING THEM REJECT ANY CUTS TO DISABILITY SERVICES IN THE GOVERNOR’S PROPOSED STATE BUDGET!
BECOME AN ADVOCATE AND SIGN UP FOR OUR ACTION ALERTS!
- California Disabilities Services Association (CDSA)
- The Lanterman Coalition
- The Arc of California
- The Alliance
- Association of Regional Center Agencies (ARCA)
- California Disability Community Action Network (CDCAN)
- Disability Rights California
- California Disability Action Coalition (DAC)
San Mateo and Santa Clara County Agencies
- Gatepath Auxiliary Advocacy Committee
- Golden Gate Regional Center (GGRC)
- San Andreas Regional Center (SARC)
- San Mateo County Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC)
- San Mateo County Commission on Disabilities (SMCOD)
- San Mateo County Paratransit
California State Departments
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHS)
- Legislative Analyst’s Office (LAO)
- Department of Finance (DOF)
- Department of Rehabilitation (DOR)
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD)
- State Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Intervention (ICC)
- California State Assembly
- Assembly Budget Committee
- Assembly Committee on Human Services
- Assembly Budget Subcommittee 1 on Health and Human Services
- Assembly Select Committee on Early Childhood Development
- Assembly Select Committee on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- California State Senate
- Senate Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review
- Senate Committee on Human Services
- Senate Subcommittee 3 on Health and Human Services
- Joint Legislative Budget Committee